All year round you can find exciting experiences for the entire family in Hirtshals. There is a wide variety of concerts, exhibitions, markets and guided tours.
Check the event calendar here.
At springtime in Hirtshals, you will find various art exhibitions and crafts markets. The art galleries are opening for the season - announcing their new exhibitions.
Discover Hirtshals and Tversted areas on a guided tour. You will get to know the area a bit better, maybe discover the area from a different perspective and learn a bit of local history.
On the guided tours in Hirtshals you will learn funny anecdotes and the history of the town, the harbour and the major sights as you passes by.
Visit Hirthals Rescue Station and learn about the advanced equipment at the station, in the rescue boat and in the emergency vehicle. The staff gladly tells you about their work and show you the equipment.
Have a extraordinaire experience in nature with a guided event in the dune plantations organised by Danish Nature Agency.
With a guided tour in the Bunker Museum at Hirtshals, you will have WW2 told with local angle.
Hirtshals has numeous annual events to the joy of locals and tourist. Do not miss the following events, if you are near by;
- Arts & crafts market with local artisans in Den Svenske Sømandskirke (the Swedish Seamen's Church) every Easter.
- Lions Tourist Fish auction with fish products and fresh fresh fish the first Saturday in July.
- The music festival "Musik Under Trappen" with free concerts an entire week in July - friday in week no. 29 to friday in week no. 30.
- Hirtshals Fish Festival with tastings, fish buffet, fireworks and much more the first weekend in August.
- a list of the largest and most popular akttraktioner in Hirtshals for both children and adults.
The sea is mysterious and dangerous, but also exciting. At Nordsøen Oceanarium in Hirtshals you can get very close to the tremendous amount of activity beneath the surface of the waves.